Fair Go Australia
EPG are proud to be working with Fair Go Australia mentoring program as a part of our CSR projects. The volunteer mentors of the program work to provide mentoring to single mothers & their children. The aims of the program are to:
- Provide individual support
- Build students’ self-esteem & confidence
- Develop individual goal setting
- Foster personal development
- Encourage the women to become role models
- Give women the confidence & self-esteem to get off the welfare system & back into the work force.
The Mentoring Program is based in Logan for an hour each week. Logan, a city located south of Brisbane, has 6000 single unemployed mothers registered for government subsidies at present. Our very own Prue Long has joined the mentoring program as facilitator on top of being a successful single mother of four herself.
Both Prue and Kathryn from our Brisbane Teach In office volunteer 6 hours a week to help mentor these single mothers in need. Their combined knowledge and experience in being teachers allows them to give back to the community in providing individual support to these women as well as help encourage the women to become role models with confidence & self-esteem to get back into the work force.